The International Bureau for Environmental Studies is performing scientific and technical activities in international collaboration which are to promote and to perform environmental studies, at developping international collaboration related to environmental problems and at exchanging know-how and data in this field.
The activities are realised within the frame of projects funded by organisations of the European Commission, INTAS, NATO, UNESCO and national governmental agencies.The activities of the Association more specifically concern:
- the realisation of technical/scientific studies on environmental problems, mainly related to large water basins contaminated by natural or anthropogenic processes; limitations of the effects of radon emanations from natural and industrial sources; the prediction of the environmental effects related to geological processes;
- the promotion of international collaboration for the study of environmental problems by coordinating international, multidisciplinary projects;
- the distribution of data and knowlegde regarding environmental problems, across the realisation of databases and informative websites on environmental problems as well as creating public awaraness for environmental problems;
- the exchange of know-how through the organisation of conferences and workshops, as well as training courses;
- consultancy for environmental concerns.